Wednesday, May 19, 2010

GREAT NEWS & Update

I talked to the US Immigration department yesterday.  The GREAT NEWS came, he has approved our request to bring our daughter home!!!!  So he tells me that according to the research he has done we are the only americans to ever adopt from Benin.  Wow.  So he wants to run this by his boss to make sure he did everything PERFECT before he actually releases his approval.  Because, you know you don't want to screw up something the first time you deal with a country.  As the rest of this process has gone I am not sure exactly what will happen next.  We have several posibilities but I will know more as we move forward.  This is going to be difficult, emotionally, because the end is in sight but it is still going to seem like it will take FOREVER to get here.  I can't wait until we have our daughter safley in our arms.  I was watching Oprah yesterday & there was a family just like ours, it was too strange but on the other hand very encouraging.

I haven't read much in my Love & Respect book in the last couple of days.  I plan on getting back to it in the very near future.  Sunday night I had some much needed therapy by some very very dear friends.  The bottom line of what we talked about is that I have put much effort into my marriage lately, to get it back on track.  While that is great, things have shifted and I need to put some effort into me.  I need to look inward and upward to my Lord.  I need to take some time for me to be able to fully repair my marriage.  I also need to stop looking outward for "something to do," my only focus needs to be on myself, my family, & my job.  Since this therapy session with my friends I feel like I have a renewed sense of spirit.  I hope & plan on it to continue.

Having dinner with an old friend tonight, someone I haven't seen since High School.  20 yrs of catching up, can it be done in one evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or ask questions. We appreciate knowing you are reading.