Friday, November 19, 2010

School

We have decided to homeschool Tati until she can get caught up with the other school children her age, gets a better understanding of English, and understands our customs & culture better.  Our plan is to homeschool her for the rest of the year and if she is ready to send her to public school next year.  Our choice for homeschooling is to use the public school online that we used with our other two children.  This way she gets all the benifits of public school like ESL (English as Second Language) services, math tutoring, peer testing, and the expertise of a teacher to work with.  The biggest bonus is that since it is public school, IT IS FREE!!  I could have attempted to do all the work myself, but without the schools involvment it would have been expensive and I tend to do better with structure and deadlines.  Basically, without them I would have gotten lazy and not done what I should have for Tati.  Good to know your limitations, I embrace that & try to work around them. 

Her computer arrived, I couldn't get it set up fast enough for her
The school provides a computer for every family and it was so overwhelming that this was all for her.  She didn't think I was telling her the truth.

All set up
 We got it all set up and she started to work right away.  She has a sippy cup because she has a tendancy to spill, well I wouldn't call it a tendancy, if she has a cup you can pretty much guess that it is going to be on the floor at one point or another.  So since I do childcare, this is our solution & she loves it because she is now allowed to take her drink all over the house.  Anyway, back to education, she is so excited about all the things she is learning.  She is soaking it up like a sponage. 

That is the update today for the busy Kelley house.  She is keeping us on our toes and we are loving every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or ask questions. We appreciate knowing you are reading.