Friday, November 5, 2010

We are home

OK, this is what I think is going to happen with this blog, I think I am going to try to keep a fairly consistent blog going on our family journey & then when I get the chance I will post about our trip to & from Africa.

The statement I have started telling people, when they ask us how Tati is fitting in, is that we now know that our family had a Tatiana sized hole in it & she has stepped right in and made things complete.  In this blog I will tell you the goods & the not so goods, not to complain or boast but to just be real.  We are all settled in now and trying to figure out life as a family of 5 instead of 4.  She amazes us many times each day.  I also have some catching up to do on this one as well.  lol

Brian & I were both in the other room working on the computer & such.  The daycare kids were asleep & so Tati was left totally alone.  When we walked around the corner, this is what we saw.  One of the major things I have learned in my trips to Africa is that kids are kids no matter where they live in the world.  All girls know how to have tea parties.  This was just too sweet.  We had decided to wait a month or so to start her "formal" homeschool education.  Well, she beat us to it.  I brought in a box from the garage of stuff I have collected for when she got home.  It was full of educational stuff I had saved & little purses, shoes, & toys, etc., etc.  She "helped" me open the box & go through everything.  She knows the kids leave for school everyday so when I told her some of the stuff was for school she couldn't wait to start working on things.  So the next morning homeschool began.  :)  She is doing just great.  I wasn't sure what was a lack of English knowledge  & where her education was lacking, so what to do???  Start at the begining!  We started with pre-school work and she is just working at her own pace.  She loves it.  When we started I would have a goal of a few pages in her workbooks, I would introduce a concept & she kept wanting to continue & continue.  My goal would be 3 pages & she would do 8 before she decided to quit.  Cool

Tonight she fell & said, in English, "Oh my goodness."  It was so funny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or ask questions. We appreciate knowing you are reading.